.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

And we have lift off.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. - Helen Keller


Here we are - the day of departure. I'm all packed, dressed and ready to go. I've not waken Daniel yet. It took him a long time to fall into a peaceful slumber and I don't want to arouse him any earlier than need be.

~Yesterday~

We and I went out for lunch and we saw Van Helsing. Our last movie for a while. While out I saw a few "kids" from my graduating class and my favorite English teacher of all time. She's fantastic. We came home so I could pack while he worked on homework (summer classes). Then we settled in for a movie we rented The Bourne Identity. We saw a preview for the second before our movie at the theatre and wanted to refresh our minds on the first one. =P

~Today~

I've said my good byes to almost everyone. Chanelle left for school about a half hour ago without saying a word. Ryan and Danielle just left for school and both came in to say bye. For the first time it's REALLY hitting me that I'm leaving. This is it. Today is the day. This is the first time that I truly was out on my own. The Army differed. There I had someone telling me the who, what, where, when and how, but now it's all up to me. I am in charge of feeding myself, getting to be where I need to be when I need to be there and remembering when to do it. In the Army I wasn't required to think just listen and follow, but now I have to think 100% for myself. It kind of scares me but not only because of the responsibility (I welcome some of that) but because I'm starting over with no one else. I'll be completely amongst strangers and have to decide who will be worth making friends with. That'll be the hardest part - being able to separate myself from my old environment, letting go of my old friends (I mean... not dwelling on missing then everyday) and creating new friendships that are only going to last a few months. I don't have the capability to do that so easily. I will miss everyone. I probably will not be online for a few days - until I can get settled in so... wish me luck.


My horoscope for the day...
It's all about big fun and major change here in your neighborhood. Go ahead and have the time of your life. You deserve to be the guest of honor at this party if anyone does. Throughout all this, keep your head clear enough to respect other people's boundaries. You understand that your ideas aren't for everyone. As a well-balanced, deeply caring individual, love informs your actions. But there's nothing overwhelming or proprietary about this feeling. When you're at peace with your world, you keep your attitude playful. There's no pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home