.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Donnie Darko

So, I sit here after just watching Donnie Darko, again. The first time you see the movie nothing seems to make sense until the end when you realize the significance that everything within the movie has. I believe that every movie watched affects every viewer differently but within a certain guideline. I don't think this movie was intended to surface and specific thoughts or feelings. I think that it's just to allow the viewer to think beyond the horizons of normality and everyday thoughts and feelings.

I come out of the movie with many feelings and thoughts on life. I think it shows that not everything is at it seems -- that we shouldn't take what we see as truth and gospel. Look beyond what is in front of you into the beauty or ugliness that is a possibility within us all. The beauty may not be obvious but it's there -- somewhere.

I come out of the movie with the feeling of existentialism. The movie definitely has an existential feel to it. The feeling of Dasien. Everything thing that lives must die and will die at certain point. Whether or not that point of time is predetermined is of great importance to the movie and the thought behind the belief system of this movie. I now realize that every strand of time and space is interconnected with every other strand of time and space. One thread affects every other thread. My existence alters your existence and your existence alters their existence and so forth. My mere existence alters the world's existence. Since I was born someone else won't be but because I was born someone else was or will be born.

The choices we make in life are not only important to ourselves but everyone else as well -- especially the people that are closest to us. Each choice is connected to the next and has a direct impact on how the course of our life. You can't go back and change a choice so each choice should be made with great care without haste yet it's impossible to know, sometimes, which choice is the best because of our inability to see the future and how our choice will affect us. In the end we realize that if we could go back and change our choices -- to stop all the hurt -- then we would be (in a way) be committing a form of suicide.

After seeing this movie again I have now become addicted to it and very much recommend it to everyone who has appreciation for a good movie. The trick is to make it through it the first time and have the will to watch it again. Trust me, you'll like it much better and will appreciate it more.


~*~Mad World~*~
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where
Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday
Happy birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen
Sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me
No one new me
Hello teacher tell me what’s my lesson
Look right through me
Look right through me
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Enlarging your world
Mad world