.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Party

I didn't post last night because I wasn't home. Kacy threw me a going away party. I had such a great time. People don't throw me parties all that often. It seems to me that my birthday is only a big deal to me and no one else. To everyone else it's just another day. I get bitter thinking about it sometimes because I remember times when I had a hand in throwing birthday parties for a few people and you would think that they would have the decency to return the kindness. I guess I expect to much of people but is it to much to expect a friend to show some interest in my birthday. ~Anyway~ Daniel and I had gone to Kacy's family's other house way up in the woods. Daniel loves and wants to buy it (Kacy's family is thinking of selling it because they're moving to Florida). It was fun Kacy. Thank You.

Today Daniel and I went to Perkins for lunch and rented a couple of movies to watch. He picked up "The Core" and I picked up "Donnie Darko". I'm a big fan of great disaster movies where the world is coming to an end so I enjoyed "The Core". As for "Donnie Darko" it's one of those movies that's impossible to explain. You have to see it for yourself and be able to get it. It's a little rough to follow but by the end everything comes together and yet you still need to think about what happened. Interesting movie. It had a good cast (Patrick Swayze, Drew Barrymore, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jake Gyllenhaal, & Jena Malone). It has some existential qualities to it... it's a thinking movie. After that Daniel went home and I worked on cleaning my room a bit before sitting down to check my email and here I am.

I would also like to address something else that I have recently perceived more than usual. Apparently people think I'm an idiot and that they can take advantage of me with me never realizing it. Well I'm not an idiot and I notice that you are going to screw me over. I don't say anything because it usually happens when I am dependent upon the person for some reason or other. Therefore if I said anything then I'd get screwed anyway, so I needed to decide which screwing would be less painful and more enjoyable.

Florida is 16 days away and looking better and better everyday. The only thing I'm going to hate leaving would be my immediate family because I know I'll not get to see them until I return, as well as Daniel. He hasn't decided if he'll be down to visit or not. Kacy said she'll see me over Christmas break. It's great to have one on board and I'm sure Kacy and I will have a blast swimming with the dolphins and attempting to surf. =P