.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

The happenings of today aren't much more exciting than the happening of any other day. Like a lot of other days I went to see a movie, Godsend. What an interesting movie -- freaky. I'm not sure scary, but definitely freaky. Other than that I just started to clean my room and get it organized and ready for my departure. My brother is staking claims to my room while I'm away. I figure he can have it. He stayed in it while I was away in the military, so why not again. I'm not going to pack up the entire room, just a lot of the little small stuff as to get things out of the way so he has room to move around and decorate a little himself. Besides it'll be easier for mom to ship my stuff if I decide not to come back. =P

As the days go on and the more thinking I do, I'm coming to the decision that it'll be a lot easier to move to Orlando than I originally thought. Daily I see less and less for me here and more and more for me there. There are few things/people that are remaining constant cons about going. Two are and forever will be my mother and Daniel. My two closest and dearest friends. My mother has been the only thing in my life that wasn't an inconsistency. In the raging rapids of life she has always been the rock on which I could stand upon. So many people have walked in and out of my life and heart as if a revolving door were attached to me. There are very few people that I can count on and trust will be there for me when I need them but my mother is at the top of the list. Our relationship hasn't always been the greatest and she retains her faults but we all have them. The key is to be able to over look those faults and realize how much our life can benefit from allowing the person to shower us with as much love and friendship as they can. You hear the old cliche, "Good friends are hard to come by and just as hard to lose", all the time. It's wrong. Good friends are easy to come by and just as easy to lose. It only takes a mutual understanding that a great friendship takes patience, work, and compassion as well as a 50-50 input into the friendship. If one person is even slightly considering that the friendship can be dissolved over something petty and small then it will never work. If you still stand firmly by the old cliche that good friends are hard to come by then why do people let those great friendships falter and fail? It they're so precious then why not fight to hold onto it? This goes for friends and family alike. People need to reconsider where their priorities in their relationships with people stand. If they truly aren't worth a fight to keep then why bother holding on at all?


Shut the door
take a look around and tell me what you find.
Shut the door
take a giant step for you and all mankind.
Then don't come back
I always gave you so much more than you deserve
No don't come back
'cause no one makes a fool of me
You've got a nerve to walk away
mark the words I'm gonna say
you just made a big mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home