.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Memory Loss

" 'I have done that,' says my memory. 'I cannot have done that' -- says my pride, and remains adamant. At last -- memory yields " ~Nietzsche

" The past is malleable and flexible, changing as our recollection interprets and re-explains what has happened. " ~Peter Berger

There are a great many people in the world with a great many things that they'd like to forget. I myself have never been a person of such acclaim. Memories help to mold us and create the person we so choose to be. The things we choose to remember and the things we choose to forget show the type of person we want to portray to our peers. With that said:

As many of you know my the past month of my life is a blur. Few things have been committed to memory and have been able to stick. Where has the time gone? What did I spend it doing? Why can I not remember? Can anyone fill me in on my life?

There is one thing that is forcibly committed to memory. My birthday - more so - something in particular about it. First let me start by saying that last year I took the time from my busy schedule to hunt down the perfect cards for birthdays and Christmas and what not. Now you can call me petty or childish but then reflect upon yourself and tell yourself that it wouldn't bother you when it seems as if everyone forgot your birthday or just didn't take the time to call, write, or anything. I received in the mail a total of 3 cards (thank you Allison, Ashley and Kacy). This just let's me know where I stand with people. Hurts.

That's all I have, it's the only thing that stands out. I felt the need to share it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I am going to be bitter now b/c we got to spend your b-day with you and I got to hand deliver your card, gift and a yummy cake and then we got to play games!!! You suck with your poopiness. Danny and I wanted to make things special for you cuz everyone else sucked :0(

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home