.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Still Training

To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind. - William Hazlitt


I am still in the midst of training. I wish it was over but I still have a week to go because I need to be trained in everything that goes on in EPCOT. So far I've trained in Imagination, MouseGear, Living Seas, Liberty Inn and Mission Space. Oh the fun of it all. The costumes for some of the area are fun while others aren't so great. Mission Space's costume is great. The Liberty Inn costume consists of knickers... and we all know how Dustin feels about those. hehe Today I'm back at Liberty Inn but I'll be training in the back and that doesn't require knickers.

They're keeping me pretty busy but they informed me that after my training is over my schedule won't be so compact and full. Which is what everyone says, even the CP's that have been through the same training I'm going through. I have off Friday & Saturday this week. I get two days off a week and they will always be consecutive, which will be nice. I am also guaranteed at least one back to back, which is a Saturday-Monday off. That would be so nice.

I've not had much of a chance to get around and experience the parks yet. I've been to Disney-MGM and Magic Kingdom a few times but it was only to browse to get to know the parks more. I have, however, got to experience Pleasure Island over and over. hehe It's the one thing that is keeping me from going insane from missing my loved ones. I keep accumulating more and more friends. My inner circle is growing and we all go to PI on Mondays and Thursdays to have a great time and network. =) Networking is important here. This weekend and next week I plan on getting on over to Animal Kingdom and back down to Disney-MGM.

My roommate situation isn't getting any better or any worse. It's kind of at a stand still. The two that annoy me are truly nice guys, they really are... but the fact that they are breathing the same air I'm trying to breathe annoys me. Their mere existence. I think it's mainly because they never change they topic of conversation from anything other getting it on with some girl or something related to Disney. One just can not carry on an intelligent conversation with either one of them. Thank goodness that I rarely see them because I work in the mornings and am off by early afternoon and they work in the evenings and by the time they get home I'm either in bed or out with friends. I'm sure it will get better as soon as I figure out a way to get them to change their topic of conversation. hehe

I miss everyone lots especially you pookie. Oh and I lost my address book somewhere along the line so I need everyone's address again so I can write you. I know yours Pookie. I love you.

And here is my horoscope for today:
Wanting to belong is a natural feeling. If you're far away from your family in distance or emotion, you'll find an acceptable substitute. Clubs and teams hold the appeal of like-minded people united in a common purpose. Relationships address needs that neither party might be able to express. It never hurts to get your wish in a slightly different form. Unusual pairings take the idea of connection toward completeness. You can't tell if your lucky or unlucky star is responsible, but something up there has a strange idea of matchmaking. Live with this for a while before deciding whether or not you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home