.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hating It

"Trials, temptations, disappointments -- all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fiber of a character, but strengthen it. Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before." -James Buckham
I hate my job. No, let me rephrase that. I love my job, but hate the location. Perkins itself is not the greatest establishment to work for, I've noticed. The corporate office keeps passing these rules that just irritate the workers and in the long run debilitate their ability to function to their their fullest potential, thus causing a bad guest experience. It's dumb. The company seems to be digressing in some of the smallest of areas, but with the quantity of small things that there is it's enough to weigh. Then there's the individual restaurant ways. This particular one is frighteningly unprofessional. We have a money making restaurant, therefore you'd think they'd spend some money on fixing the place up and updating to make production easier and faster, but no. The management wants to maintain that status so she spares no expense. Instead she duct tapes everything. Lights are taped into the ceiling! It truly is a hazard, lol. There's other things as well. I think this has officially become my most disliked place of employment. But we'll stick it out until the end of the summer or so.

Now here's my question for myself. Why is it that it seems so bad? There are two options. Is things truly that much worse there than anywhere else? Or is it that after Disney it just looks that bad? I would have to say a little bit of both but probably more so that things are truly just that out of control there.

Let mm just give you a brief view of how country my area is. There is a Protestant church in town that had fish fries for Lent. Uhm- hello - Protestant's don't celebrate Lent. Stupid. Just another way to feed the cheap trash and get them to come to church. The there is the pizza shop. This one is good. In the Pizza shop window is a bear. A real live dead bear that the owner shot and killed then had stuffed. Now it's all displayed in the window. It has a little wooded scenery so it looks all themed and pretty while it's proudly displayed. Nothing like dead bear fur in your food. Stupid. I could go on but those are the two things that just peeved me the most at the moment. lol. Maybe I'm just being stupid about it, but it bugged me. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home