.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Holy Cow

"Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process." ~Phillips Brooks

Wow! I'm a slacker. I've not posted in like 15 days. Work is keeping me pretty busy and tired. Then trying to maintain some sort of a personal life.

I wonder... why is it that some people are completely willing to make what sacrifice is necessary to ensure the happiness of others while there are those are only willing to make a sacrifice if it ensures their own happiness while hurting others. What trial does one have to go thru to learn the lesson and achieve the virtue of selflessness?

Growing up you hear time and time again that all friendships crash and burn. Why is that? Why do you hear that on a regular basis? Apparently because there must be some truth behind it. All stereo types and mass cliches are derived from some sort of mass collective behavior that enforces it. I think I'm beginning to understand.

If you have everything but love, do you have anything at all? I guess that truly depends on your priorities. To some people, material is everything.

I will get better with this posting thing. No more slacking, I will not allow it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the love you are looking for in life. Some people consider material possessions and the envy they derive from them as love.
Aside from that all friendships must come to an end at some point (I suppose it could be evolve.....but eventually they evolve out of your life anyways) Life and people aren't stagnant (forgive my spelling, I am too tired ot bother fixing wrong words.)
Depressing realistic notes aside, I miss you dustin! Love ya

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home