.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Congratulations Peter Jackson on the clean sweep of oscars: 11 for 11! That ties you with the other two all time greats: TITANTIC and Ben Hur.

I'm tired. So tired. School and life are becoming quite the stressful and tiring events but there is hope and a break soon. I plan on taking Spring Break and completely relaxing.

Today I had to run to Clarion to retrieve a DVD, that I'm missing from a set, from John, but alas I wasn't able to get it. It's at Rob's and no one was home and John no longer holds a key to the house. Kind of irritating. He was after me for so long to get the DVD set, the least he could have done was make sure that all of the DVDs were in it. I don't know... just common sense and courtesy I guess, which a lot of people these days have a great abundance in lacking.

For the past couple of days I've been watching The Laramie Project daily. It's such a good movie. I believe it really shows that hate does exist with in people. It mazes me how many people still don't think that people are capable of hate. Dr. Doug being one these people. Many of those who read this probably don't know who he is, count your blessings. People do hate people and are capable of killing with no remorse. People do see homosexuals as nothing more than that and lack the ability to see the human being behind the label but it goes further than that. There are many more different types of discrimination that holds the same types of feelings. Understanding and acceptance should become a lesson that parents are required to teach to themselves and their children. Is there a way that the government can regulate this? With Bush as president, never. What this country needs is someone in office that holds the core virtue which this country was founded on. Freedom and difference were the two things that attracted people to America to begin with and that's how we became a powerful nation. Now look... our country is no longer a powerful nation and that came with the countries inability to band together.

Still waiting for Shawna to call me back about the bowling thing. Hmm... should it take a week? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home