.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Finally

The road to happiness lies in two simple principles: find what it is that interests you and that you can do well, and when you find it, put your whole soul into it -- every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have.- John D. Rockefeller III



I've not posted an entry in such a long time. People are probably beginning to think that I quit or died. But the truth is that Disney had shut off our second line in order to install our high speed net and it took them a week to install it. Well today I come home and find the box on the wall and it's all lit up but it doesn't work. Damn it. Another reason I don't post often is that I don't have a computer down here. I use my roommates. It's not available for my posting pleasure at all times. Sometimes he's on it for hours (it is his, after all) or he goes thru stints where he shuts it off and keeps it locked so no one can log on. That's usually after one of the other two roommates do something stupid and annoy him. Like Jason.

Jason annoys the hell out of all three of us. He only has the desire to talk about 1 out of 5 things. Disney, Home Depot, sex, Madison or football. He needs to widen his horizons and move on to bigger and better things. He needs to make some friends and get out of our hair. He always says how he's going to clean the apartment and win the cleanest apartment award for the rest of us. I came home today to find that our apartment had been inspected today. We obviously had won due to the prize basket sitting on the counter. I picked up the paper they left to see what out score was and where we scored highest. Well guess what - the few things that we did do poorly on were his fault. It was his bedroom. His dishes. His garbage. His bathroom. Hmm... so much for him winning the award. I think that basket should go to Daniel and I since our room was (and I quote) "Spotless! Great Job!! Exceeded all our expectations!!!" =) Better luck next time Jason.

Yesterday was kind of a big day for me, here. After work I had decided to go to Magic Kingdom and Pleasure Island with Rachel. Rachel is also a Rescue Ranger at EPCOT. She has just become my best friend here. She's great. I was able to talk to her about things that I've only ever been able to tell a select few. She in return was able to share intimate parts of her life with me. I've made a lot friends but she was the first that I feel such a connection to. I have a feeling that she's going to make this a lot easier for me.

I was able to talk to my mommy for a brief few moments the other day. I miss her so much. I had also finally been able to talk to Daniel. I'm not liking this whole not being able to talk to my friends and loved ones any time I want.



And my horoscope for today:
Keep others honest. Hold them to their promises. You've been burned often enough to know the signs. You always liked to imagine what you could have done, and now you have a good plan ready to launch. Demand the money up front. Pierce the smokescreen of all those words about sharing to reveal the greed behind them. The wrong people will leave, and good riddance to them. The clever ones will seek new ways to trick you. The right people will respect you from here on out. You can easily tell the good apples from the bad ones in this bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home