.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

3 More

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong. - Abraham Lincoln

First let me begin by saying that I hate hurricanes. Hurricane Ivan decided to miss Orlando but headed straight for Pennsylvania. If it can't get me it'll get my home. The flooding in PA was very extensive. Thankfully my home and the homes of those I hold dear were all spared. However there are some towns where it will take them years to recover from this. Hurricane Jeanne had decided to go ahead and hit Florida in pretty much the same areas the last ones hit. This hurricane season is the worst the state has seen on years. With 2 more months to go in the season I'm sure we'll get a few more.

Jeanne would be the first storm where the Rangers did not have a gathering. We all did our own thing. It seems to me that we are hanging out a lot less - or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just not hanging out with them as much. I dunno. Sarah and I are on the mend. However, Rachel never seems to make progress in bettering her relationship skills with people. Civility is all it seems she will be capable of receiving from people. In example: Sarah had a birthday party at TGI Friday's for her 20th birthday. There was a large group of us there. Everyone was having a good time; or so we thought. Rachel stated she was bored and wanted to leave. That was the third time that she had stated we were boring and wanted to leave the "event." Only this time it was someone's party. How immature and rude can someone get? Other than that Sarah's party was a success. She had a good time and people showed up. I made the cake. The cake itself turned out well. It was very good. The icing was too thin to actually decorate with so the decoration was limited. Then Wal*Mart being the wonderful place it is did not have fresh produce so I was forced to buy frozen strawberries which also did not work out so well. Everyone enjoyed the cake though, which makes me happy. I'll just have to concentrate harder on the next one and be sure to have all the right stuff and that my icing turns out better.

The time I am spending here at the Walt Disney Resort is getting harder and harder to endure. I find myself often toying with the contemplation of going home early. I feel so disconnected from everything. I am afraid then when I go back home that nothing will be the same. Eight months is a long time to spend away. It is plenty of time for things to change and evolve. The longer I stay the harder it will be to go back home in January. For a few reasons. One being that I won't want to leave everyone. But a big one being that I am starting to slowly suck up what funds I had in the bank from back home. This internship doesn't pay very well. So by the time January comes rolling around, I may not be able to afford to leave simply because I won't be going straight home to a job and without the ability to save up some for cushion purpose, it will be rough. I won't ask my mom for any help, nor will I ask anybody else. I got myself into this and I will get myself out. Some days I can feel myself starting to regret the decision to do this but then I just think about the opportunities that I have been given. I am meeting people from all over the world that I would not have met, otherwise. I am thinking that a huge problem is that I need to see home for a few days to refresh me. I miss home and I miss the people back home. I've not spoken to any of them in a while, since Hurricane Ivan, anyway. Where is everyone? Got phone? Three more months... three more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home