.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Friday, July 02, 2004

And now the mustard.

The true worth of a man is to be measured by the objects he pursues. - Marcus Aurelius


Well, I did it again. I lapsed a few days. I do apologize.

On Wednesday the 30th, I was deployed to work at Living With The Land. It is a boat ride through a series of green houses. Quite nice and beautiful. People sure do love it. I was so bored out of my mind though. I was stuck at the greeter position all day. Which required me to stand at the front doors and welcome people into The Land and answer any questions they may have (which was either "Where is the boat ride?" or "What's all in this building?") The plus side being that it closes at 7 so I was sure to be out by 7:30. Well I didn't count on mobs of angry guests. People get so bitchy when you take away food and fun. I barely made it out alive but I did and right on time, too. Yay. =) I'm not entirely sure what I did after that. The rest of the day is kind of a blur but I believe that I hung out with Matt for the evening.

Then yesterday, July 1st. I was supposed to work but I called in because my eyes hurt and I was unable to get my contacts in and could barely hold the one eye open. I believe I may have scratched my cornea taking my contacts out. But I was able to get them in later in the day. I was then able to hang with my Uncle Pat who is in town (from Cape Coral, FL) for a few days. So I went to his resort where I also saw my cousin Robbie. Then a coincidence of proportions my mother's cousin happened to be staying in the same building as Uncle Pat (also his cousin). She was there with her husband and grand-daughter. It was an odd little family reunion. We went to Planet Hollywood to eat. They took our picture there and gave us each one. It was nice. Fun memories. Like Disney says - It's a Small World, after all. Then we went back to the resort where Uncle Pat, Robbie and I hung out by the bar until Matt came to pick me up.

Today I was deployed to work at Mission Space. It was alright. It's no Mouse Gear but it'll do. I do enjoy being one of the few people in Disney World who gets to jump roles on a daily basis. Everyone else has one job that they do day in and day out. How boring! Variety is the spice of life and I sure like it spicy. hehe There was a lady at Mission Space today that did irritate me some. She's such a moron, what a wench. But I don't wanna discuss her. It'll only irritate me more. I then came home and relaxed. Matt brought a movie over (Party Monster) and we watched that. Interesting movie. Now here I am. Finishing up my relaxing and filling you in.

Tomorrow I work in the morning. I am hoping to go someplace that I enjoy because I can't take no more of this boring job stuff. Plus they have me pre-deployed to Towers all next week. Towers has no air conditioning and I'll be in the same place for the week. So I would like one last good place before I'm sent to the sauna that is Towers. We'll see I guess.

Now as for how I am feeling about this whole situation on the whole. Things are getting easier for me. Everything is falling into place. There are a few things that still remain a struggle. Like me missing my Pookie. I love you, hunny. I also miss my mom. But I will see them all soon. And I'll be seeing Kacy, as well. I've gotten two cards from her since I got here, which has been nice. I really need to get on the ball and send her one in return. I just need to find a place that sells stamps. I haven't heard from Shawna. I got one letter when I first got here but nothing since. My mom can't seem to get in touch with her either. Her nor Danny. I hope all is well with them. I'm thinking I should try and get the number to the hotel her mom manages in Ohio and try calling her there. She may be there. I miss her, a lot. This is the longest stretch that her and I have not had any contact with each other since we've known each other. I'm not liking it. Hopefully I can do something about it. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home