.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

10 days cold

My lack of posting for the past 10 days aren't my fault.  The internet service here has not been working and when working was extremely slow (and unwilling to load this site). Instead of doing my usual day by day catch up routine I'm just going to fill you in by using a generalization and over view of any of the big events that have transpired during my posting discrepancies.

Ok so nothing huge gas really happened. I was set to go parasailing this past Tuesday but it was cancelled. When I mentioned that I was going parasailing Daniel said about how he wanted to go and how it would have been nice to do it for the first time together. That is if he is still coming down. I can't wait around for ever for him to make up his mind on whether or not he's coming down. There are things that I would like to do (prefer to do them with him, but if he's not coming...).

The days here were going by so fast and now suddenly they seem to be dragging on. Why the sudden change in pace? I liked it better when the time was flying. It's probably because when I first got here I was having a great time, everything was brand new and exciting, but now everything has become routine; same old stuff day in and day out. The Magic Kingdom has left it's place as a symbol of dreams and has become the icon of just another day. I'm moving on and getting to the point where this whole experience has lost it's potency. Is it because I did too much at the beginning and left nothing for the latter days? That may be but I doubt it. There is still so much that I haven't done. Living in a theme park (Disney World, none-the-less) never leaves one with nothing to do that one hasn't done. There's always something that you have not yet done. Even then I have all the surrounding parks at my disposal not to mention the many beaches. It's got more to do with the luxury factor, I think. My vacation is turning into my job. The people I see are becoming routine. Many if them will be leaving in August and we'll be getting a whole new batch of college programmers, so hopefully the shuffle causes enough excitement and entertainment that the time will then start to pass by a little quicker again. I'm also missing home more and more. It has little to do with home-sickness and more to do with the fact that the people of home aren't maintaining a line of communication with me. I hate that. It has me feeling un-cared for. Kacy is the only one who is doing what she can to keep our friendship going. It is I who is slacking there (but as soon as I can find some post card stamps in this god-forsaken state...). Daniel used to call me everyday then it went to two three times a week but since I got here it's become once a week to once every other week. Drifting... drifting... =(  He is also spending a lot of time in WV (in a hotel) with someone. I think he's on his way to
(if not already has) replacing me. At this point I'm feeling so much closer and more comfortable with Shawna than I have in a long time.

Last night I had a dream that I left the program, went AWOL of sorts. Yet, towards the end of the dream I was wanting to come back. I said it was because I had left all my stuff and I needed to return to get it but it was really because I wanted to comeback. Could it be that I do need just a little taste of home to refresh me and remind me why I'm here. After the dream and I woke up this morning things were feeling a little brighter but I'm sure that feeling will diminish in a day or so. My only hope is that when I do come back I've not lost anything but gained strength in my relationship and friendship with the people of home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home