.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Thursday, March 11, 2004

I just finished reading a blog posted by my friend, Justin, and saw his enthusiasm for the Blog and in his being able to use it to keep a personal account of his thoughts. I was then relieved to see that I am not the only person who finds solace in letting others know what's going on inside. It feels good to get it out and that anyone who's interested in knowing what's going on with me has full access to it.

So today was an eventful day in the house of Schons on McNaughton Road. As usual a family fight emerges over the pettiest of things and Dustin puts himself at the heart of it. I'm not entirely sure how it ended where it did but the final words were of the facts of my sister and I receiving punishment just short of capital if mom deemed it necessary but the twins (as Ryan did to an extent) not get near the punishment they deserve. Is it that parents slack in the correcting of the children as they accumulate more of them? It seems to me that parents just lose interest in having the "best" child and succumb to the child's wants and allows them to become bratty; hence the spoiled persona that the younger of families gives off. I will continue to be amazed at how families differ drastically in some aspects but not so much as I am astonished at how some families don't seem to have a bad apple in that the entire barrel is rotten to the core (including parents, grandparents, aunts, etc...) I see it often; a family of 5 three of the most wretched children you could ever meet and the trashiest parents a trailer park could produce. Which brings me back to my sister, Jess. What a waste of space and air she and her husband truly are. It does sadden me that I have no remorse in that statement but the truth isn't always pleasant.

As I watched Oprah today I saw people who have very simple dreams; and not what I expected them to be. My first reaction would be that they dream of fitting in (because the visibly didn't) but no. They didn't allow their condition to hold them or weigh them down. Then when their child had the same condition they refused to allow the child to succumb to the disorder. To them they were normal and dreamed of everyday things that "normal" people dream of. I was impressed. I myself don't have many dreams if any. Dreams are unrealistic. Growing up I just wanted to fit in and be normal and to be accepted by society and most importantly, my family. My dream was dashed but I came to realize that it didn't matter. Dreams didn't matter. After watching her show today I think I'm beginning to understand the importance of having dreams and not just goals (which is what I have). Maybe I'll even make a wish list.

To bring everyone up to speed with some on going stuff: I've not heard from Shawna today. I did try to call earlier this evening but got no answer so I'm not sure if they came home today as planned. Mom's leg isn't entirely broken, just fractured six different ways. I'm still ill but am feeling better. My teeth took a vacation from hurting. Daniel's super sick, but is on the mend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home