.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Working Out

"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - We must step up the stairs." ~Vance Havne
I actually have something to post that goes along with the quote I used today. For a great deal of my life I've wanted to have a better body, I just never had the ambition to do what I needed to do to have it. When I joined the Army I actually attained some tone and definition I was very proud of and when I came home I kept up the work out so that I could keep and better it. But I eventually lost the drive. If I don't have someone to keep me motivated then I'm doomed. My apartment in FL was right beside the fitness room and the pool so I had no excuse to not utilize them. Well I took advantage of the pool as my pictures prove, however, I did not use the fitness as much as I should have or would have liked. I needed motivation. I have a goal and a vision set but don't want to take the initiative. Well for the past two weeks that's changed. I got up one morning and decided that was the day. I did a 3 mile run to come home and do a work out. I jumped right into doing 50 sit-up and 50 push-ups every morning after my run and every night before my evening shower. As of yesterday I've upped them to 75 each every morning and night. There are a few other exercises I do as well. Things I learned in the military. I'm already noticing a slight difference but then when one doesn't have a lot of body fat to burn off it wouldn't take long to see a little something. =)

In my last post I had mentioned something about giving up. I just want to clarify what I was talking about. When I was in FL I had thought about giving up on my relationship but I didn't. I thought about quitting the program to come home so that I didn't have to give-up my relationship (there were other reasons as well) but I didn't. Since I've come there were a few times where I just wanted to give up on friendships and relationships with certain people but so far I've not. The thing that I was contemplating giving up on was trying to maintain anything with Daniel but I have not and will not. No matter how much I say I want to the truth is - I don't want to. It was just that Daniel and I had the worst fight we have ever had on Saturday and by that I mean some very nasty things were said. However we have talked since then and things seem to be going very well now. Things seem to be working out. Hopefully they continue to do such.

Things are looking up again. Hopefully they don't all blow up in my face like they did that last time -- like they usually do. By things I don't just mean with Daniel but I mean life in general. Tomorrow I am heading to Butler. I have finally decided on what it is exactly that I need and want to do. I want to move closer to Pittsburgh and to school so that means that I need to get a job closer to those areas as well. So I'm leaving the Clarion jobs behind and will commute to work for a little while until I can find a place to live. I think this move will benefit me in many ways. It will be a good thing. Hopefully it all works out as planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home