.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Making like a Tomato

"There are many differences between a friend and a true friend and one of those differences is simply that a true friend offers their help before it's requested of them." ~Me

So it's been over a week since I last posted. A few things have happened but not much.

I decided not to postpone going to work at the job that I had arranged before coming home. I have chosen to try and go back to Eat'n Park. I went in and talked with Lori and of course I had to go back through the interview process, so she set me up with an interview with Adam who set me up an interview with Lori, lol. I guess it's just to make the main office happy that everything was done to procedure. So, my meeting with Lori is set. I just want to get started back to work. I lived my job at Eat'n Park and they loved me. I brought in customer's and made them happy so it only makes sense that I go back there.

My computer was giving me some major issues so Daniel came up and redone it for me. He reinstalled Windows XP and made it like new. Mom and I asked him to spend the night because it was late. He refused. Said he had homework to do and left for Joe's. (Having it and doing it are two completely different things.) Well the very next morning something went terribly wrong with my computer. My task bar was inoperable. The icon on my desktop that worked was MY COMPUTER. I was unable to download or upload anything. So I got on the phone with Daniel to request help and was yelled at profusely while he tried to help me. He had me delete some stuff and try some other stuff. Nothing was working and he was at Joe's getting drunk so he gave up. I stayed up all night to try and fix it. It was essential that it got fixed before the weekend was up, for some school stuff that I had to do. So during the night I did some research of my own and figured out what the problem was. (Go figure, the non-self proclaimed computer genius figured it out.) So I contacted Daniel to tell him that I couldn't fox my computer without the disc he used to redo it. And of course it led to him getting in fit as it usually does, lately, when I ask him for help. So flipped a gasket and came up to get my computer to take and fix it and left me his laptop. Of course within 20 minutes of him being here he flipped out on me about a password being his laptop - one that he put on there. So that leads to him trying to fight with me. I was starving so we went to Eat'n Park. He can be a really great guy, when he chooses to be. But with me he more often chooses to not be. When we arrive back at my house, mom asked him to spend the night due to it being late. He said that he couldn't because he had class the next day at 1 pm. She didn't see that as a problem since everyone on the house was all getting up by 8 am. But he refused and had to go home but instead went to Joe's and skipped class the next day. Lying to me (and now my mother) has become a pattern of his lately as well. I'm more upset with his rising tendency of skipping classes. I'm genuinely concerned about his future. Let's just say there are reasons without divulging his personal life that doesn't pertain directly to/with me. I just don't want him ruining his chances of transferring out of WCCC and into a University; his chances of a good future. But talking to him does no good. I've heard from three people close to him: Dan does what Dan wants. I must admit, I agree. So, yesterday I went down to pick up my computer. He knew I was coming and he still decided to be at Joe's anyway. And tried to tell me and Wayne that he didn't know I was coming. I told him the night before that it was a possibility because he said he was going to be home and I had text messaged him in the morning saying I was on my way and had spoken with Joe and Joe told him. So he knew. Anyway. He took me over to Joe's to pick up my computer where Joe talked to me but Daniel ignored me for the most part. As he did for the most part of the day, especially during the multiple times he was on the phone with Joe. I was dead tired from not having slept in 2 days and was afraid to drive home. He took a fit about it. But I spent the night. He lied directly to me a few more times before I went to bed. But I didn't say anything as not to cause any further of a ruckus. I wish he'd stop lying to me and treating me like I'm an idiot. After that we said our goodbyes in the morning as he was off to class and I was off home. Had a little trouble during the trip but not important.

He did invite me to go to Seven Springs with him this weekend to go tubing. I was ecstatic. I still am. It's been years since I've been there and it's been a long time since Daniel and I have done anything as friends. We have had a few days recently that didn't involve either of us being an ass to other (because I am not without my faults). I'm sure that this 7 Springs trip will be just as uneventful in the negative perspective. I hope so anyway. I want Daniel as a friend. I need him as a friend. My posts about him have changed dramatically from when I first started posting about him back in January of last year. But then, so has he. Though I complain a lot about him now, he still does have several great qualities, he just needs to express them to more people than himself and Joe. I don't understand their friendship - I've heard the things he's said about him. And if everything he says about him is true then he can't offer Daniel happiness... not the happiness that he deserves. So unless he starts hanging out with people that can, he may end up a lonely bitter old man. And that's not cool. Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry with him and nor do I hate him. I'm concerned for and hurt by him. I do not want any thinking that I hold any ill feelings toward Joe, either. I think he's a nice guy and I believe him to be completley inocent in all this. So unless there's an elaborate scheme... he's in no way a bad guy in any of this.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent about Daniel but I just had to get it out. Nothing else has really happened. I got all my school stuff in order. They had messed up my billing and enrollment status for the fall semester of last year and this spring semester. I got my summer school stuff in order. I've just not been that busy with anything. I do need to start posting everyday, again. Oh, I did start to routinely work out first thing every morning and at night. So after my night work out and shower I'll post and go to bed. That will become the routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home