.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

"...in our desperate search to find the things we most covet, we over look the object of our desires because we are blinded by our expectations and our beliefs." ~Me
Here it is, January 1st, 2005.

What a crazy year I had in 2004. My life took me places I never dreamed of going. The year was full of it's drama filled and drama free times. If you followed my journal then you have a good account of the past year for me.

January:
*I turned 22.
*I caused a 3 car accident.
*Second semester at IUP.
*Fell passionately in love.

February:
*emotional roller coaster ride
*Daniel & I got stuck in the middle of no where in a snow storm.
*I saw Janet Jackson's breast.
*Jess & Mike move in... and out... and in... and out
*"The Passion of the Christ"

March
*Shawna was in a car accident.
*Shawna & had our huge fall out.
*Jess & Mike finally move out.
*LOTR 3 sweeps the Oscars.
*Mom broke her leg.
*My first toothache.
*My car broke.
*I became seriously ill.

April:
*"...My hands in fists placed upon my sides slightly above my hips. My lower lip drew back just behind my upper teeth with my tongue held back as to not interfere with the constant stream of the ominous beginning sounds of the letter "V" coming from the vibrations produced from the rush of air being forced out. I slowly pulsate my arms imitating the flapping of wings as I start to aimlessly meander around the room. Voila! I have transformed into a fly."
*I go on a "friend strike".
*Dustin went to classes in drag for the fashion show.
*I got an internship at Disney World.
*Jess & Mike move back in.
*"Donnie Darko" entered my life

May:
* Spring semester ends with a 3.5
*I realize the importance of choice.
*I start adding quotes to my journal.
*Said painful goodbyes.
*I left for FL.
*I started my Disney internship.
*PI for the first time.
*First time living with a roommate.

June:
*a second emotional roller coaster ride
*Rachel Hovic becomes an important friend.
*A little reunion with some extended family.
*Universal Studios for the first time.
*Hung out with Renee (a guest)
*My first real from the real sun tan apexed.
*I fell in love with Norway.

July:
*Disney starts to lose it magic for me.
*Rachel loses points.

August:
*Bradd moves out.
*Jonathan moves in.
*Highspeed comes to Chatham.
*I don't post for a month.
*More rough goodbyes.
*Spring Advantage Rangers leave for home.
*Hurricane Charley hits Disney.
*Daniel, Mom and Ryan visit me.

September:
*Disney regains it magic.
*Hurricane Francis hits Disney
*Hurricane Ivan floods PA
*Hurricane Jeanne hits Disney
*My journal loses it's importance.
*Embrey self termed.
*AJ self termed.
*Sarah (non Ranger) self termed.
*Daniel (roommate) self termed.
*Sarah (Ranger) and I had our falling out.
*I get a Norwegian stalker.

October:
*"The Hulk" breaks down leaving me hanging upside down.
*Rachel Hovic hits rock bottom in the friendship well with me.
*My journal becomes popular reading material.
*Jeremy self termed.
*Danny self termed.
*I decided to self term.
*A new roomie was assigned... then reassigned within an hour.
*I wanted to end my relationship.
*I miss Daniel's Birthday.
*I miss Shawna's birthday.
*Dustin does drag for Halloween.
*6 other Rangers self term.

November:
*"The Incredibles" w/ Natalia, Eric L., and Allison
*My voice is gone... like 100% no voice.
*My mouth swelled.
*My throat swelled.
*Dev, Sarah & Jenn took me to the hospital.
*Being away from home finally breaks me.
*I miss my one year anniversary.
*I miss Thanksgiving.
*I had an office meltdown.
*I got a Brazilian roommate.
*More Rangers self termed.

December:
*Josh self termed.
*Grace self termed.
*My relationship ends.
*Choices become a huge issue once again.
*I miss Christmas.
*I purchase my plane ticket home.
*A fabulous New Years at EPCOT.

Through out 2004 I have become a different person, not better or worse, just different. I have learned new lessons and forgotten old ones. I have achieved some goals, dashed others and created new ones. I lost friends, kept friends and made new ones. With 2005 now in progress it's only my hope that I am able to progress further as a person and as an individual. To become a better person than I am now. This past year I was given the chance to meet people from all walks of life and I now know more of what I must do to make myself better. I need to regain faith in and compassion for the human race. I need to work on my issues with trust. My resolution this year is to right all my wrongs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, bud,
i will be sure to pray for you in all your endeavors for this coming year. just remember how awesome you are and all that fun stuff.

~*megan*~

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home