.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Breakaway

"The best portion of a good man's life is the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love." -William Wordsworth
I'm still not ready to discuss the distress that my heart is undergoing. Plus, I'm not in the mood to be all sharing and cozy. I'm not even in the mood to be nice to people, really. But here I don't have a choice. I'm still so devastated and confused. Not to mention lost. I have no idea what's going on back home... now or when I get back there. Will I have some one there? Someone to love and love me back? I know some of you are lost on what's going on but I'll fill you in when I can understand it myself. But for now I sing:

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I just stared out my window
Dreaming of a could-be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

Trying not to reach out
But when I'd try to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I pray
I could breakaway

(Chorus)
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I loved
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away
And breakaway

(Chorus)

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around wild indoors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway

I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway


lyrics to Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson

My plea:
Please, if you still care enough to read this, call me. Let me know what your decision was. Or at least honor what we had enough to answer when I call. I miss you terribly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, bud, this is megan from the wonderful world of arby's, well formerly of thank God.

i found your journal in your profile and read a couple entries and this one made me sad. i hope you are ok. you are awesome and just remember that you are loved. i hope you have a great Christmas!!

also!! my boyfriend's best friend rhea ann works at disney world too!!! she is princess jasmine:) i was just wondering if you might have met her. she is really funny, a bit crazy, but really nice. she had her arm in a sling for a while though, so i am not sure if she is still allowed to be jasmine or not, but i was just curious as to whether you had met her or not. :)

ok, if you need anything, bud, i have an lj: fivetwopunk, same as my screen name for IM. let me know:) i will be praying for you. have fun being warm in florida while i'm freezing to death here:(...meanie...

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya! this is megan's boyfriend, she told me about working with you and she had a blast...

hope everything is okay on your end and i'm sure i'll get to meet you someday! I also have a livejournal: greenpeacevalle

i love megan a lot, she's a super great girl, and she tells me about some of her arby's stories.

take care
-*Clint*-

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home