.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Friday, December 03, 2004

The Importance of Being Earnest

"Just because someone is famous doesn't mean that they are important. Take Hitler for example. Was he essential?" -Me
I woke up at 9 like I usually do. My work schedule for the day was 1230-2100. I like to have some time to myself before going into work. But I ended up working 1030-2145. Jennifer called me in early and a series of circumstances extended me.

I was hoping that since I was called in early that my shift would be split into two different locations as it usually ends up being but this time I was needed all day at the location. I was deployed to work in the United Kingdom at the Kidcot. I had never worked Kidcot. I was excited except for wearing the stupid flag shirt. That shirt shows more man cleavage than Jessica Rabbit's dress. Anyway. CDS was having issues with me and wouldn't let me get an assignment. It had said it was too late to log in for my shift, even though it wasn't. They did an over ride but the message refused to go away. They just manually gave me an assignment. The first hour or so of Kidcot was fun. Then, 4 hours passed and I wasn't having as much fun. Children are vicious little things and not to mention the parents. Does no one teach their children patience? self-control? courtesy? any manners? But then if the parent contains none of this then how is the child expected to achieve it. I got my lunch 4 hours in. I went to the Discovery Diner and had a cheeseburger. Then back to my "fun" stop I went. Again with the horridness that is called tourists. Grown adults shove small children aside just for a stamp. C'mon people, seriously. It's Disney - expect to wait in a line for at least 5 minutes. There is no need to hit the cast member with your mask. There is no need to rip the stamper out of my hand. There is no need to help yourself to anything on my table. And there is no need to make small children cry. Three hours later I get my second break. Thank goodness. It was only a half hour though, so I was back at the table in no time. Being at that table alone (my entire shift) on an extremely busy day was no cup of tea (UK... tea... hehe). So my shift ended when the store closed and after I had more problems with CDS. I was never able to clock out. I had the hugest headache. If I had to look at one more dragon I would have gone postal. I'm not sure but I think today may very well be one of the most horrible experiences of my program - of my life. I hope to never do it again.

I came home and took some Excedrin and laid down. Natalia had called and said she was coming over so I awaited her before writing this and heading to bed. She came over and we discussed plans for her birthday. It's on Monday. She'll be 21. It'll be a good time.

I mentioned before about retyping the Secret Santa note on the door. Well Natalia and I are the ones who decided to organize this. We purposely didn't put our names on it (as being in charge) to see if anyone would sign up. We waited a few days and then signed it (on the day I typed it). We figured that if some of the Rangers knew it was on of the "popular rangers" that organized it then everyone would sign up but if they thought it was one of the "less popular" rangers they wouldn't sign up. Sounds petty, I know. But then the Rangers can be a petty group of people. I was right. There are a few who didn't sign up because they thought it was one of the "lesser rangers" who were in charge. Plus they don't want to have to run the risk of someone who doesn't like them getting their name. Are they that insecure about themselves? If so then maybe they should try to be more likeable. Or they could be mature about it and deal with it. To exclude someone out of a holiday celebration... I just have no words. How absurd. It's Christmas for crying out loud. This is a time when we should all come together, no matter how much more important people think they may be over others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home