.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

A Lemon

Human nature is not a machine to be built after a model, and set to do exactly the work prescribed for it, but a tree, which requires to grow and develop itself on all sides, according to the tendency of the inward forces which make it a living thing. -John Stuart Mill

I think that's my favorite quote so far. Definitely a good one.

Well here it is, Thanksgiving. I had to be at work at 1230 today. I got up at 7 O'clock as usual hopes that I would have the chance to talk to Daniel. He hadn't gone to work the night before so I wasn't sure if he'd be up at 7am or not. I knew he was planning on going to parents house for Thanksgiving and was wanting to leave in the morning. Well I didn't get to talk to him. So then I just read my book and worked a little more on my site.

I didn't have a work costume so I had to go in a little early to be able to get one and get into it before I had to be there. As usual it didn't take as long as I figured it would so I had some spare time. I was attempting to read my book but the office was bustling with Rangers and ATLAS folks so I was getting no where. They were having an office pot luck for Thanksgiving. One in which I did not wish to partake. That office and any of our superiors have never organized anything in the past to show appreciation to us Rangers. They never made plans to include us. Now all of a sudden they want to do something for us. It's not even like it was done for us, really. They all had to work and was doing it for themselves. But the inclusion part was new. I may be sounding ungrateful here and that's because I am. The only reason they even thought to include us is because of the meetings we had with Tim. I don't want a charity/hey-look-I'm-being-nice Thanksgiving dinner. I sat there firm in my position of not partaking for most of the time. Then LeeAnn came in and sat down next me. She had brought in some food and was wanting me to try it. She made me eat. Very few people are able to sway me once I set my mind to something. She did it. So I had a small plate.

While I was getting my plate I was approached by Bob asking me how I felt. I just looked at him with a dumb founded stupor on my face in the disbelief that he would even think of walking up to me with the intentions of speaking to me after the ignorance he had shown me. I simply said "You were very mean to me, Bob." He said he heard about my journal. [Oh really? That's kind of disrespectful. If I had wanted Bob to know what was in my journal he would have the link. I was to pre-occupied with the fact that he only came up to me because he knew of that information and wanted to make himself look better. Too late, Bob. I don't forgive people easily for being an ass.] Anyway. He started to walk off and defend himself at the same time. Couldn't even stand there to do it, because he knew had been wrong. Even if his being an ass had a legitimate point behind it - there was a much nicer way of going about it. Instead of being an ass and trying to kick me out of the office he could have simply stated ok Dustin you can not be here because and then I would have told him the reasons I was there. Because I had to be. See how easy and un-asslike that whole thing could have went.

I was deployed to Out Door Foods. I've never done ODF before. It was a good time. Now I have officially worn every Future World Costume. My shift there ended at 630 but my shift over all ended at 9. So for the last 2.5 hours of my shift I got to sit in the break room of Cast Services. [That never happens to me. Jennifer deployed me. Thanks Jennifer. You rock.] So while I sat there I got to watch Survivor. After which I went over to the Mexico pavilion and watched Illuminations. They were the special set with the 4 minute Christmas addition. They were very good. Intense, but good. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The first and only time on this holiday I felt it.

After that I came home. I was in the middle of making some macaroni salad when Tiffany invited me over for some food. I put up a small fuss but accepted. Thanks Tiffany. It was good food, I promise I'm not just saying that. I stayed there for a while and talked. Since Tiffany got the internship with DLC she's no been included in much Ranger activity. So it was good to talk to her.

Not that there has been much Ranger activity going on. Since Jeremy's departure it's fizzled. If there is any thing going on then I'm not being invited. Who knows. I've come to conclusion that people here are fickle. Very fickle. God knows I love 'em but they're fickle. Let's hope Christmas has more of a special feel to it. This was the worst Thanksgiving of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Sorry to hear aobut your thanksgiving being so bad. I should have invited you over by my place for a bit of a Thanksgiving feast that my roomies and I had over here. Maybeyou can stop by for Christmas.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home