.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Begin Countdown

"Adversity is the trial of principle. Without it, a man hardly knows whether he is honest or not." -Henry Fielding

Monday: I was to start work at 2 but I got up early as usual. I didn't do much in the morn. Just hung out around the apartment and awaited the arrival of the new roommate. He showed up about 10 minutes before I had to head out the door.

I actually had an appointment with health services at 145 because of a rash I was developing due to work. It took less than an hour to get in and get checked and get out. One of the fastest visits to a health clinic I've ever had. I was put on work restrictions. I was put on medical leave for 3 days, starting on Monday. I turned in my restriction paperwork to the office. Bob treated me with such disrespect. At first I was hurt but then I became livid. I in no way deserved him being an ass to me.

I came home and hung out that apartment for a few hours. John was going grocery shopping so I tagged along to get my prescription filled. It turned out to be a whole-to-do in getting it filled. The pharmacy had to make all kinds of phone calls because it was bring paid for by Disney's workman's compensation. I ended up not getting it filled at that moment. She said she'd give me a call when she could. John and I returned home then.

It being Monday meant that Jason worked in the morning and that he was going to be home all evening which in turn means that football was going to be on the TV non-stop. I almost feel bad for the kid. He has no friends and I'm not talking just here, I mean in general. The only three people I ever hear him talking to on the phone is his brother, mother, and grandmother. The extent of the conversations usually don't surpass the topic of football. He has some serious issues to the point of a sick obsession.

Even though I was sent home from work early (through no fault of my own nor willingly), LeeAnn and I still did our usual Monday night thing. Only this time we did something a little different. We were dressed to match. I was wearing my white linen pants and a white button down. I was looking super cute, if I do say so. Now, LeeAnn on the other hand was looking good. She was wearing a white skirt and a black trimmed brazier. So it was our own little white party. We looked good together. She got so many compliments. I have actually never been complimented so much at Pleasure Island. (LeeAnn does a person good. She's like the perfect accessory. I need a LeeAnn to take to PA with me. I wonder if Wal*Mart or Super Target has one. lol) People thought we were on our honeymoon. I didn't think we were that dressed up. We had a good time. I ended up getting a little drunk. (OK Ashley... stop snickering) Well, maybe a little drunk isn't the proper term to use. It was a good time. I hadn't been drunk in a while. I came home and passed out.

Tuesday: I woke up, on the couch, to the sound of the TV being turned on by Jason. Ass. I had never made it to my bed the night before. I didn't feel to well. One of the worst hang overs I've ever had. My head throbbed. But I needed to get up and become mobile so I could get to Walgreens and pick up prescription (she had called the night before and said that I could pick it up in the morning after 10). Needless to say, I was too inebriated to even contemplate moving. John was going to get hair cut and asked me to go along and he'd swing by to pick up my prescription. So I went along. I, as well, decided to partake in the cutting of the hair. It was an odd sort of hair cuttery. The only sounds were that of the razors humming. No sounds of clients gossiping nor that of the stylist's with work place drama. I tried to break the silence and talk to my stylist but it didn't go anywhere. My hair came out alright. I don't know about $15 alright. After that we headed to get my prescription. Then John decided he wanted to rent some movies. Off to Blockbuster we went. He rented Harry Potter 2 -cause he had never seen it and because- and I purchased the third one. We came home and watched them. It was a happy time. After which I didn't do to much. Just relaxed and did some laundry before heading to bed.

Today: I had an appointment with health services at 900. I got up at my usual 7 am, got ready and headed out. I met Jenn at the bus stop. At Vista the bus picked up Jacob and Rachael Shonk (the only Rachael we have left). Instead of reading my book I talked to them. I tried to catch up with Jenn and see how her trip went but that's not how it turned out. I'll just have to call her and set up a hang-out time.

Health services again didn't take all that long. I was in and out within an hour and a half. I was released to go back to work tomorrow. I get to work 1230-900. It should be a good time. I took the papers into Lynn but as usual she wasn't available. I gave them to Bob. Again, Bob showed me nothing but malicious malcontent. What the hell is his problem? Trying to kick me out of the Ranger Office. I'm not even sure why I let it bother me. I just didn't do anything. So I called him an ass. I'm sure I'll be deployed to crappy places now for a while. I then came home and did nothing all day except eat, watch TV, finish my laundry and work on the updating of my site. Oh, and, I took a small nap. It was a nice relaxing day. One can only hope that tomorrow fairs just as well.

39 more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home