.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

I had better be a diamond!

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. -Chinese proverb

Today was one of those not so pleasant days in life. I hate working in the PM. It makes Dustin very unhappy. I'm not used to it for one. All those years in school. Then the army. Then I was the 7-3 manager at the restaurant. I'm a an AM worker and a PM player. I just get cranky if I have to work at night. Anyway. I was to work 1430-2230. I get into work and surprise. Robert deployed me to custodial. Dustin's custodial days are back. I'm about to get really pissed off. Then Ashley noticed that my ass was extended. Oh hell no. Dustin not happy. Well I went into the office and gave them a choice: remove the extension or ROS (Release of Shift, for those non-Disney readers) me. They didn't want to send me home so they removed the extension. The custodial managers actually sent me home at 1800, anyway. Thank goodness.

I may be feeling better but I'm still not feeling all that well. I can just now breathe and speak better since the selling is gone. I'm still sick. Now it's just flu sick, though, with a little of the infection pains and aches thrown in. The medication the hospital gave me seems to be working slowly. It does seem to be making me very tired. Vicodin makes me so tired for some reason. The the antibiotics. Ugh...

I came home and tried to salvage my evening but I just wasn't feeling it. I tried to watch a movie but then passed out on the couch and just woke up at midnight. I'm to b at work at 1000. That's a little better. It's not my 830 shift but it'll do. Daniel called me today. It seems he was at his grandparents and he doesn't get cell phone reception there, so he didn't get any of my messages until this evening.

Shawna has yet to call me. She rarely calls me when she says she's going to anymore. She's busy, I know she is. She has been. We both are. I miss her. I need her. 50 days to go and I'll be home. 51 days til my birthday. It'll be a great gift to see my family & friends. Hopefully she'll be there and not in Ohio.

To bed I go. Dustin so sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home