.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Only Time

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. -Aristotle

So today was a less eventful day than yesterday. I woke up around 10 am and thought I would just go ahead and head out by the pool but then I heard it - rain. So I got up and grabbed a shower. I wasn't sure what time Jeremy & Jenn wanted to do dinner. But then I remembered plans with Casey. So Casey and I went to the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. I got some wine and escargot at France. He grabbed some wine from France, some Baklava at Greece and a crab cake at America. We then headed to Wolf Gang Puck's in Downtown Disney but instead ended up at McDonald's. Everyone knows how much I enjoy me some McDonalds. We then headed over to AMC and saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (or whatever it is, lol). An interesting movie. I think I liked it. I then came home and now here I am.

As the days progress I'm less and less motivated to go home. Don't get me wrong, I still would love to go home. But then days like today happen - a good day - and I can't help but want to stay. My plan is still at this point to go home on the 19th, though. Would my people back home forgive me if I didn't come home? Would the people here forgive me if I did go home? I don't want to lose friends from either side and I fear I may based on the decision I make. Time will tell.


Sing it Enya:
Who can say where the road goes,Where the day flows? Only time... And who can say if your love grows,As your heart chose? Only time... Who can say why your heart sighs,As your love flies? Only time... And who can say why your heart cries,When your love dies? Only time... Who can say when the roads meet,That love might be,In your heart. And who can say when the day sleeps,The moon still keeps on moving the night keeps all your heart? Night keeps all your heart... Who can say if your love grows,As your heart chose? Only time...And who can say where the road goes,Where the day flows? Only time...Who knows? Only time...Who knows? Only time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home