.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I'm a Professional

A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it. -Alistair Cooke

I got up this morning at 7. My throat felt a little funny but I paid no attention to it. Because sometimes Jason has the air conditioning set to around sub zero temperatures and the chemical smell makes my throat tickle, so I blamed it on that due to it being cold in my apartment. I grabbed my shower and during the shower I realized my voice wasn't up to par. Actually it was pretty much gone. I was going to work anyway because I can't afford to call off. (Maybe if I were making $7 or $8 an hour I would be able to call off at least one day.)

So on my way to the bus stop CJ spots me and offers me a ride. We've been over this... if I take the ride I'm super early but the bus is annoying sometimes. But then it was CJ offering the ride. Oh the fun choices of life. I chose CJ. So I got to work early and Troy started me early (which is fine).

I was deployed to strollers (with Charlie & Sally) until 2. Strollers isn't that bad unless Jennifer is managing. So I get there and guess who - Jennifer. GREAT! I feel like I should be lying in a coffin, so why not have Satan on duty. Of course she puts me on POS 101. And of course I stood in that position for 4 hours. And of course she didn't make a single appearance on stage. So here Dustin stands on the edge of hell and feeling like shit with no voice to scream. Ugh... So for 4 hours I strained my voice more and more explaining the Length-of-Stay rental, giving directions and trying to make small talk (because Disney requires a constant conversation between the guest and yourself). So when it came time for my break I was excited. Well Jennifer decides to move me to valet and not give Dustin a break. Hmm... I asked her about it and she denied moving my break so I then mentioned that I had already called ATLAS and found out that my break should have been at noon. Dustin got his break an hour before his shift ended. At 2 O'clock I didn't even wait for my bump off, I bumped myself.

So I headed back to the Deployment Center to be sent somewhere for the remaining 3.5 hours of my shift. I attended a diversity meeting on Morocco. They fed me. It was good. I took a break at the library. They fed me. It was good. I then shredded paper in the ATLAS office. They didn't feed me. It was not good. I then joined Sarah on a lunch trip to the Discovery Diner where we met up with Rangers Jennifer & LeeAnn, Liberty Inn chef Cora and Food & Wine Allison. That's where I spent the remainder of my shift with friends. It was good.

I came home to find a pleasant surprise. Jason was at work on a Tuesday (mandatory 6th day). YAY! John was here. I like John. He's nice. Jason's just... well... he's odd. His oddness scares me. I spent the day slipping in and out of consciousness. It was the massive amounts of pain killers I took.

Let us hope Dustin has a voice in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home