.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Do I not understand?

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is alwayssomeone to tell you you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to the end, requires some of the same courage which a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men to win them. -Emerson

I had to be at work at 930 today but I wanted to go in early to either get started early and/or to beg for an office job today. Well neither happened. I was deployed to World Showcase custodial. WSC custodial is not that bad. It's actually very lax. Allison, Robert, Sally and Eric O. were also sent to WSC custodial, so I had company in the break rooms. Yes, I said break rooms. When we first got here I actually cared and wanted to do the job but then I realized that the full-time custodial cast members were sitting back and watching the Rangers do the work. Complaining got us no where. If our leaders don't care why should we? So we joined the custodial ways. Well, not all of us. There are those who still go above and beyond but then you should see who they are, lol.

Allison had made mention that she had wanted to see The Incredibles and so I was like let's go tonight. And so there we had it - a plan was made. Eric L. and Natalia came into the deployment office and so we invited them. And there we have it - a double date. I love Natalia and love hanging out with her. She's from NJ, so I'll be able to keep in touch with her easily after this is all over. Anyway, we had decided to see the 2200 viewing of the movie. Allison and I were off by 6 and were on time. Eric was barely on time and Natalia was no where near on time. We rushed to make it on time but when we got there the previews started. Dustin hates missing the previews (they're almost the best part of any movie) and Allison hates going in after the lights have went down. Eric and Natalia still insisted on seeing the 2200 but Allison and I were pertinacious about seeing the 2230 show. We saw the 2230 show. What's a half hour in the grand scheme of things? The movie was surprisingly good. Disney made a big mistake by letting Pixar slip though their fingers. However, the preview for their new movie (Cars) didn't look very interesting. But then it is the last movie contract they have with Disney - I'd prolly just throw out a flop in spite, lol. After the movie we came home and here I sit.

If you've not noticed almost all of my times say that I posted at 1159 Pm and it's on purpose. This way if I post after midnight the date doesn't change and I can keep better track of my blog. And by the date being the day I'm discussing helps put things in perspective for myself and the reader. So if you've noticed that's the reason... if you've not noticed then you now know a secret. hehe

*******
As a child I never wanted to come to Disney World and I never envied anyone that did come. For some reason it was never very appealing to me. Even my siblings never wanted to come. There are several reasons that this could be. To this day my family isn't all about coming. When my mom came down my brother is the only one that wanted to come. And that was to see me not to be at Disney World. My sisters couldn't have cared less about coming down. So now that I am here - I still don't understand what is so big and so spectacular about it. It's kind of over priced, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the prices of the north. Cedar Point in Ohio is only like $30 (if even) and the rides there are fantastic. The place holds all kinds of world records. To me that's worth the money. Then there's Kennywood in Pittsburgh. They also are on the list of greatest rides ever and is still only around $20 to get in. So worth it. Then there is 6 Flags (was one in Ohio, but still one in Delaware) and the cost is around $40 - and again pretty much worth it. What does Disney World have to offer? None of their rides have ever made it on the list. I don't ever hear any of their parks ever making it on any list of the best parks in the world. Where do they get off charging the most? Maybe I just don't understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home