.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Oh So Fresh

The essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well. -Baron de Coubertin, The Olympic Creed


I'm feel more run down tonight than I have in a long time. Tonight was the latest I've worked in ages. I was scheduled to work 1400-2230.

I woke up this morning at 7 in order to talk with Daniel but didn't get to. So I layed back down and passed out until a little after ten. At which time, I find Daniel online. I caht with him until it's time for me to get ready to head out to work.

Going into work I knew that I was gonna be custodial today. It was the perfect shift for it. Stewart and Frankie were deployed there with me. All three of us were sent to World Showcase. I got Germany streets. Of all the streets in World Showcase it's the worst because of the sheer size of the zone. All the country's pavilions are supposed to be the same size but I dispute that claim. There are a total of 34 trash cans to empty compared to the 10 in every other zone. It was busy when I first got there but as the day went on it got progressively slower. The highlight of my day was seeing small children cry and cower in fright of the life-size nut crackers walking around. I must say, they were pretty frightening. I wanted to run away screaming. My shift went suprisingly fast today. Which was nice.

While I at work today I was thinking about my job and what I hated about it and what I liked about it. I also was thinking about my "self-terming period" and all the reasons behind my wanting to. Tho the big reasons were very valid and had nothing to do with my job there, of course, were some that did. One of those reasons being that I was constantly being deployed to custodial/bussing. I realized today what exactly it was about it that was driving me insane. I told my recruiter when in the interview that I only wanted to come down as a Role Hopper because I enjoy moving around and doing different things all the time. I don't like feeling stagnent. Well being custodial all the time was getting old and I was getting bored. I always got the same locations so it wasn't anything new or exciting. It's a thankless position. People are jerks to custodial cast members (and this includes fellow cast members). To sum it all up: it depresses me. I'm by myself. Almost never near any other normal english speaking cast member at any point in time. Guest interaction is a bare mimimum because they don't have any reason to talk to or approach you. So it's lonely. With all the time to your self it's thinking time. Everyone knows that prolonged free thinking time isn't good for anyone. Now that I'm back on the custodial band wagon it's all becoming apparent again. Fresh in my mind.

Now I'm back at the apartment and ready to anjoy my last night of my very own room. The new roommate moves in tomorrow at some point. Lets hope that he has to move out for some reason or better yet, he doesn't show up. Either would be nice. Nothing against him... I just like having my own room. Let us hope he's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home