.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Retard Sex

Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall, and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end. -Earl Douglas Haig

I woke up at 9 o'clock today. I then grabbed my shower and got dressed for work. I was in at 11 so I needed I catch the 10 o'clock bus. I was heading out the door at 15 to 10 when I realized I didn't have my key and ID. I grabbed my ID but couldn't find my key. I franticly searched everywhere for it. I finally found it in my hamper. I then headed to the bus at 5 til 10. I made it just in time.

The bus usually gets to EPCOT 20-30 minutes before we start but if you don't catch the bus an hour before your shift then you could end up being late. Best to be safe. I went to the office and sat to read my book. I decided a while ago to stop punching in 15 minutes early. One reason being that we can't get an assignment until 5 minutes prior to the start of our shift, anyway, so why punch in early. Another reason being that we don't get paid for the 15 minutes and I'm doing nothing if I'm not getting paid. While in the office our area manager Tim came through and asked me if I was deployed. I said I didn't know yet. He looked slightly irritated and asked why I didn't know. I simply said I'm not punched in yet. He said ok and left. He can kiss my ass. The meetings we had with him have gone no where. Nothing has changed. He doesn't care and why should he? We'll be gone in a month. I hear people talk about how the company used to be a great place to work. Much better than it is now. With managers like Tim, Chris & Lynn at the helm I don't see how the company could ever regain the glory the old timers remember so fondly.

I punched in and found myself deployed to Garden Grill. I like it there. Jennifer was deploying so of course the Rangers were going to get happy homes. (She's fair and not an idiot. One of the only three in the Oz office whom I don't think is either a complete incompetent or an ass or both). Around noon I was joined by Silenceux. He's never worked there before. He now has a new favorite place to work. It's so easy to work there, plus the guest interaction there is great.

Speaking of guest interaction. I had this 55 year old guest today whom was waiting for to start seating people so he stood there and talked to me for about 20 minutes. The interest lies not in that but in the things he was saying. He was telling me all kinds of things about his sex life. How he got some last night. How masturbation is normal and everyone does it. He he would probably cheat on his wife, if he were married. How the school system is a bunch of corrupt assholes (he's an elementary janitor). Oh, and he mentioned frequently that I was a great guy. He was all sorts of oddness. Susan (manager) came over and rescued me. Thank goodness. Though, after he was seated he kept coming up to me and saying stupid things anyway. Silenceux thought it was hysterical. Susan thought he was lusting after me. Poor old mentally handicapped man. He really was special. hehe

There was a little boy whom was so hyper-active that he kept the booths beside him empty. He was all over the place jumping and screaming. In and out of the booth. He was nuts. The mother just sat there in complete silence and did nothing. She acted as if he didn't exist. So unbothered by him. Amazes me that people spoil their children so.

After more fun and interesting guest times my time to go home had come, 730. I hurried off to be sure to catch the 745 bus in order to make it home before 8. I made it home just moments before 8. I get to the apartment and it's filled with Brazilians (none of which were my roommate). One was on my laptop. One was sitting in front of the TV. Several were in Jason and John's bedroom with the radio blasting. And a few in my room. I was not going to miss SURVIVOR, so I just took over the TV and had them turn down the radio. In minutes they all left. Thank goodness. I can tell this is going to be a long 31 days.

The dishwasher was looked at again. It is still broken, yet they say it works. I'm so on the verge of being really pissed off. I'm paying $80 a week for rent which is at least half (more sometimes) of my paycheck every week. The least they can do is fix the damned dishwasher. Two or three days ago they fixed my broken window from Hurricane Charley. That was the first one and how long ago? Tomorrow morning before I head out to work I will be calling again. They'll be come when I an here to make sure they either fix it or replace it. I'm done playing games. The dishes are piling up. That Brazilian dirties more dishes in a day than the rest of us does in a week and I am not going out to buy soap to wash them by hand.

Time is quickly moving on. With only 31 days left I can hardly wait. Tomorrow is another day down with one less standing between me... and my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home