.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Monday, November 29, 2004

A Mix

Life's about friendships, the way you love your partner, the way you care for your children. That is what life is about. Not anything about earning a hundred zillion dollars because you toured America more than anyone else. I want life to be about creativity. -Joe Strummer

Though I went to bed late last night I set my alarm to go off at 10 am. I woke up a little before it went off. I came out to the kitchen and saw my answering machine blinking. Jennifer from deployment called and left a message. I called her back to find out that she wanted me to come in earlier than 130. I agreed. I grabbed a shower and caught the first bus to EPCOT.

I get there earlier than she expected me to. She then deployed me to strollers until 2 pm. I'm not a big fan of strollers but I hadn't been there in awhile so I was stoked it was something other than the norm and besides it wasn't for my whole shift. I actually didn't spend half of my shift at the location. A lady had came up to the register and asked if someone could walk an ECV out of the park and into the parking lot (since ECV's do not go out of the parks) to get her husband. He was unable to get in and out of a wheelchair because he had both of his legs amputated. He had actually just gotten out of the hospital and the first thing he wanted to do was visit EPCOT. He was also unable to ride SpaceShip Earth due to the door system on the ride. So I walked them over to guess relations and booked than a free meal. I figured that since the man was so dedicated to the parks that we should do something for them. But not only was it a magical moment for them but it was for me as well.

At 200 I was done at strollers but they didn't have any where for me to go until 5pm. So I was going to sit in the office and read my book. But that didn't happen. I was given a tedious task of putting together a map of the United States from the state series pins. While doing that Ranger Josh poked his head in the door and asked if Lynn was available. Is she ever? I immediately knew so I said, "You're doing it, aren't you?" He said yes. This was in reference to his self terminating. He had told me that he was thinking about it. I made no mention of it in my journal because of the situation that happened with Rachel (and my posting her termination thoughts). So Josh is leaving tomorrow morning. That's another Ranger down. We're going to start running low.

At 500 I was to be at Pin Central until the end of my shift. I enjoy working at pins for a little while so luckily I was only there for 5 hours. So out of 11 hours on the clock only about 8 of them were work. I enjoy the getting paid for nothing. What I do enjoy is working multiple locations in one day. It makes the day go by so much faster. I finished up at pins at 1000 pm and came home. Then it was off to Pleasure Island. Since LeeAnn is with her family I hung out with my other PI-buds.

And now here I sit. I am to have off tomorrow but I feel like I'm going to be called in. I could use the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home