.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Time

None will improve your lot If you yourself do not. -Bertolt Brecht
I did not work today so I didn't have to crawl out of bed at any time in particular. Since I had gone to bed late last night I woke up around 10 and stepped out of bed around 11. It was so nice to sleep in and get some sleep. I don't sleep much here. I just don't seem to have the time really.

Robert called me and asked if I would have liked to pick up a shift; I said no. Natalia and I had plans. We were wanting to go to Downtown Disney. I tried calling Allison to see if she would have liked to have gone but he roommate said she was in bed ill and asleep (which was only half right). So, Natalia and I were off. We did a bit of shopping before we decided to see a movie. We had decided to see Finding Neverland (my comments will follow). After the movie we came home for a brief time in order to put warmer clothes on, for we were heading back out. We then ventured to EPCOT to watch the fireworks. I do enjoy them. After which we came home.

Once home I put away clothes that had been sitting in my laundry basket and hung up a movie poster (for National Treasure) that was given to me at Downtown Disney. I then read the first two chapters in the book I bought today; Mirror Mirror. I'm hoping it's at least as good as Confessions (same author). I was hoping to buy Wicked but Virgin was sold out. Other than that I didn't do to much.

My thoughts on the movie: I personally think that the movie was extremely good. Natalia loved it. We both would love to see it again. I can't explain to you what the movie was about. It's not about anything and yet about everything. The story line that encompasses the movie is that of the writer of Peter Pan and how he came to write the story. Truly a good movie. It actually brought to my attention something that I had never thought about. It has to do with the clock being in the crocodile's stomach and the crocodile always being after Captain Hook. The point is that time is always chasing after us. Who knew that there was such an underlying statement. Or maybe I just never caught on. I recommend the movie to everyone.

Now with 202 days of the program behind me and 35 more to go time is becoming more and more valuable. Soon, I'll be home. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home