.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Craziness

So, then, to every man his chance -- to every man, regardless of his birth, his shining golden opportunity -- to every man his right to live, to work, to be himself, to become whatever his manhood and his vision can combine to make him -- this, seeker, is the promise of America. -Thomas Wolfe


Yesterday: I was hoping to be able to pick up a shift so I woke up at a decent hour in order to call in and check on the availability. But when I called nothing worth the while was open for the taking so I declined. Instead I did very little. I hung out in the apartment for a while. Until Jason became unbearable with his love of the game - football. He truly is crazed as is most people from Wisconsin.

So, when his games (yes multiple) started I called Luke and requested that he and I go hang out somewhere. We went to McDonald's. There we sat for hours and just talked. I've not been able to do that with someone in a long time. No bitching, no moaning, no grief. Just a nice long and relaxing talk. It felt good. Felt like I truly had a friend. A feeling that has been missing for a while now. The feelings of loneliness are setting back in but this time deeper than before. I hate that feeling especially when surrounded by people. It's rough.

After our night out I came home at a decent hour in order to get to bed at a decent time since I had to be at work at 7 am. I came home and got all settled in when John and Reggie (the new Brazilian) came home. Lets talk about how inconsiderate people can be. They were so loud and obnoxious for hours. I needed to be up at 5 am and here they are at 1 am being assholes with several other Brazilians in the apartment. They quiet down enough for me to pass out. At 4 am I awake to sound of them being in my bedroom. What the hell!?! Dustin was not a happy camper. I had to use the bathroom but when I tried the door it was locked. So I had to exit the bedroom and walk around thru the living room and into the hallway to enter my bathroom. That really irritated me. On my way through I gave the "I hope you all dies in your sleep tonight" glare. Immediately following they all went to bed. Too late now, though, because I already only got 3 hours of sleep at the most and I was working a long day.

Today: After being rudely awaken by the barbarians in my living quarters was awake for the morning. I grabbed my shower and prepared to head off to work. I caught the 6 am bus and was off to EPCOT. I tried to sleep on the bus but it didn't work out so well. I just wasn't comfortable. After arriving at EPCOT I ran in and got a costume and got dressed. I then took some time to myself to eat a muffin and drink some orange juice before heading over to the custodial office.

I was given the detail of helping clean out the drains until the 830 pre-shift meeting. At the meeting I was assigned to Future World floater. A floater for the entire Future World. Not a huge deal because I'm not really required to do anything unless someone isn't doing their job. It's kind of like a quality control person. So it was a low responsibility day. I only took my authorized breaks and the day still went very quickly. I like working in the mornings for that very reason. I had a good day in custodial even though Bob thought I would be angry. I'm done being upset over the pettiness that exists within the office. I'm over that just a little more than I am over this program.

Between the pettiness and fickleness of the cast members and the rudeness and stupidity of the guests, I'm overwhelmed. A guest flipped out on me today over the park maps. Because they didn't give ecyclopedic descriptions and definitions for each attraction and demanded 'I fix map'. It's enough to make a person insane. A few of the very reasons Josh self-termed (even with being only 35 days from the end) and the reasons another Ranger is considering self-terminating, with only 32 days left to go.

After my custodial shift I went into the office in hopes of extending somewhere but the only thing open was a kitchen shift and I have never worked a kitchen shift (cause I'm always custodial/bussing) and I didn't feel comfortable picking up extra hours in a place I was unsure of so I declined. I then stripped the office of the November decorations while waiting for Jennifer to get off work. I was wanting ask her something. Then I waited for Natalia to get off work. While waiting I retyped the note one the door asking people to sign up for a secret Santa. Who knows if people will actually do it. We'll see.

I came home and messed around online a little before remembering that had called in a work order for the dishwasher. I checked and sure enough it is still broken. I called them and had a nice little chat with them about how Omar (the repair man) is an idiot. This is the second time within a month that I had called about this problem with the dishwasher and both times they had to resend someone out to fix it. The order says he was here for 20 minutes - there is no way. It took me 30 seconds (after turning it on) to know he didn't fix it. So tomorrow they're supposed to replace it instead of fixing it.

I then contacted Casey to see if he wanted ot hang out this evening. He, of course, said yes. We went out to eat and then headed down to Downtown Disney to see a movie. We went to see Alexander. What an interesting movie. Definitely not what you hear about it or what you think it would be. You need to throw everything you've heard about it and thought about it out the window. I don't think it'll win best picture but it was a good movie for a 3 hour epic acted-out biography on the man - the legend.

After the movie I came home and discovered that the Brazilians had messed with the laptop. Closed all my programs I had running and downloaded crap onto it. Well I deleted it all and am thinking of locking the computer when I leave. This new living arrangement is not going to work out. I don't see how I'm going to put up with this for 32 more days. The insanity that goes on in this apartment is remarkable.

To bed I go to lessen the amount of time here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home