.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Monday, January 31, 2005

The Melody Within

Music boxes have within melodies they carry with them
Once they're open music fills the air.

Every person you have known has a song of their own
Once they open up you'll hear what's there.

It's not easy you must listen with your heart for what lies within.

There lies a melody locked deep inside of me, but now it's free.
It found a place embraced by harmony, sweet harmony.
Love more than anything teaches our hearts to sing.
Only love could break the shell.
Now I know very well, the love within myself.


Those are the lyrics to The Melody Within from the play Rigoletto. I promised in a recent post to hunt up the lyrics. But to no avail did I find them, so instead I sat down with a pen and paper and composed them myself.

I am getting so bad at posting. I even made the promise of getting better. I guess part of the reason is simply that my life just doesn't seem to all that exciting since I've come home. I know that I had some dedicated readers just because they liked they glimpse into a life of someone on the college program. They even linked my blog to The Disney Blog so other could read and follow. I love having dedicated readers. Thanks.

The truth is, that since I've come home, I've not done anything. I took the semester off from school. Classes just started up way too fast and they weren't classes that I needed. I just registered for them to take classes because I couldn't get into the one's I needed. Well, I was dealing with a ton of other stressful situations and didn't need the added stress of classes and potentially hurt my GPA by not being able to focus on the classes. I've not started back to work. I kept postponing it for one reason or another. But time has come to stop that. A great deal of my time and effort has been spent on trying to salvage, what I can, of my relationships with people, especially and mainly with Daniel.

Daniel and I went to Seven Springs Mountain Resort this past Saturday. For those of you who do not know what Seven Springs - what is wrong with you?!? lol It's a Mountain Resort here in south central Pennsylvania that's geared towards winter fun. It's great fun. www.7springs.com Daniel and I went up to go snow tubing. I've only ever been skiing once in my life and was on my ass most of time. But I plan on learning. Anyone wanna teach me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home