.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Monday, March 15, 2004

Lets discuss today...

First I had set my alarm to wake up early to go for a run well mother nature decided to make it a bit cold so I snoozed it for an extra half hour. I woke up did some other working out and hit the shower with a quickness to jump out and to grab a quick bite to eat and be off. I decided to do my shopping today and nothing was going to stop me. Daniel and I made plans last night to meet at the mall today so I didn't have to do my recovery shopping alone. As I stepped out my front door I behold that mother nature is looking my way, it warmed up and the sun was kind of shining but it was nice out, good for a drive. I stopped at the bank made some deposits and a withdrawal (I dunno... I wasn't thinking when I deposited that I was just going to take it back out...lol). So to Pittsburgh I went. Driving into Pittsburgh is sometimes a thrill. It's nice to get away from the country and the people in it. =P Father time was all about me today. I made it to the Ross Park Mall in about an hour which put me about 30 minutes ahead of schedule. I did some browsing til Daniel arrived and then I did my shopping. The deity of shoes was loving me today because I made two healthy contributions to her (not that I needed two more pair of shoes, but they were nice). Went to Express and got an ensemble and then off we went to down town to finish up my day of splurging. Spent more than I wanted too but less than I thought I would (if that makes sense) =P So now... since everyone else was smiling down on me the car god decides to throw a curve ball. I'm about 9 miles from home... I was soo close... making good time... I was going to make it home in time for Fear Factor... YAY... but alas I didn't make it. As I was cruisin up the mountain side that is Brady Hill my RPM meter thingy went as far right as it could go and my car made a revy noise and started going backwards... hmm... ok, I'm lost. So I have no gears except neutral. Not fun = not happy!! So coast I did backwards down the hill about 500 feet to back into a side road and parallel park. Now you've not parked til you parked a car with nothing but neutral... man I'm good. =P I turn my car off and start it back up to have it work ok. This girl comes running from her house and bluntly asks: "What are you doing?" Great, all I need, a snotty little teenage girl. Grr... I called my dad anyway and asked him to come check my transmission. It looks low on fluid so we add 2 quart. I start my car and it has go to it so I head back up the hill just for it to happen again. So back down the hill I go... parked it and there she sits... damned beast. My transmission has decided to die apparently... I don't know. It'll be towed to a garage in the morn and we'll see. Now I need to go shopping again because I'm stressed about the car. =P Oh well... any reason to buy a new car, I guess. hehe

I made it home in time to see the last half of Fear Factor and my Average Joe. Damn I love reality TV. Ok... so I'm a bit of a loser but once you watch one episode you're sucked in. Besides... not like my life is any more interesting sometimes. =P Well to bed I must go for I have class in the morn and Dustin has a presentation to give. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home