.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Nothing of any importance happened today. I woke up way late... but that would be because I didn't go to bed until way late. But that's ok, we all need to indulge now and then. I was devoting today to school work anyway. I did my best to complete my homework thought I did not succeed through not fault of my own. IUP seems to be having serious issues with their web pages. They're not loading and I need to be able to connect to the IUP/WEBCT site in order to do my Comm and my History assignments. I did fill out my FAFSA, though I'm not sure how much that'll be. It seems that it'll be a repeat of the same situation I was in last time, financial wise, I mean. We'll see I guess. I also took the liberty of trying to work out a summer schedule and plan so as to be able to take summer courses. I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet... I just wanted to work out a few options. IUP starts registering for summer courses on the 24th so I still have a little time to think about it and look into other options. I would really like to take up summer classes to ensure a faster graduation. We'll see... we'll see.

I would also like to mention a movie that I watched yesterday, entitled The Truth About Jane. It stars Stockard Channing and Rupaul (as a man). It truly is a good movie, touching and heartfelt. I think anyone struggling to fit in or to belong could relate and would bring something away from this movie, as well would people who are living the life that others would have them live and not living the life they would choose to live for themselves. An excellent movie that I watched today was Whale Rider. What a great movie. It was worth all the Oscar buzz. Kiesha Castle-Hughes did a wonderful job. It shows that in our desperate search to find the things we most covet, we over look the object of our desires because we are blinded by our expectations and our beliefs. It also entails the old Wizard of Oz adage that sometimes you need to look no further than what's in front of you.

Going to bed so I can get up early and head out shopping. Woohoo! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home