.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dustin's Diary

A look at the day's happenings and thoughts. ~Read at your own discretion. This blog is from the mind of the author and contains opinions that are of the author. It is no way endorced by any other company or any other body.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rimersburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am an enigma. A perfect right hand middle man living safely supported on the edge. Complicatedly simple or simply complicated, that's for you to decide. I lose the games I play & win the ones I don't. I'm not here to play games. I'm here, there, everywhere. Often I like to feel as if I'm the world. Other times I want to melt into the scenery. I see myself as a familiar stranger standing along the street as life speeds by. I like strangers & love my friends. I laugh when people fall but offer a helping hand. I hate people but love working with the public. The Constitution is wrong, all men are not created equal; they should be. I believe that not everyone has the same opportunities; it's what you do with the ones that lay before you that determine who you become. I like to walk. Running is too fast; but some roses are meant to be seen & not smelled. Time is an illusion created by man. I’ll create it for those who are willing to do the same. Your birthday is important to me & hope mine is to you. I tend to give more than I receive. Respect & appreciation are key. Conversation is a gold mine; knowledge is wealth & power. My intelligence is my most prized possession, don't insult it.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Unlearned

"There are many ways to measure success; not the least of which is the way your child describes you when talking to a friend."
As we grow as human beings we encounter situations in our day to day life that teach us valuable lessons that me can and must later use in life, when we are faced with a choice. It is then that we show others exactly what we've learned and who we are as a person. It never ceases to amaze me how two people can derive two different lessons from the same situation. But then a current lesson is only a derivative of previous lessons therefore only enhance the person we've decided to become.

There are some lessons that are not only learned by way of experience but by directly being taught. These lessons are simple ones and they include but are not limited to sharing, helping, courteousness, kindness, apologizing, and honesty. Yet, the simplest of lessons are the hardest for some people to learn. Grasping such things seems to be way beyond their ability to function as an individual. Basic human emotions such as compassion, friendship, caring, and kindness also fall just beyond the comprehension of people, no matter what trials occur.

Every choice you make ends in a lesson. What lessons have you learned that make you a better person? What lessons have you learned that has had a negative effect? What lessons have you long forgotten? It's never too late to re-evaluate yourself. It's also never to too late to try and fix any mistakes that you may have had made as a result of those lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home